Ronald Reagan once said, “As government expands, liberty contracts.” Tennessee House Republicans choose freedom and liberty over tyranny every day. As the federal government continues to try to strip Americans of basic freedoms, we have taken a stand to stop unlawful overreach. Here are the ways House Republicans have protected the freedoms of Tennesseans.
- HB0786 allows law-abiding citizens who are at least 21 years old or honorably discharged or actives int eh armed forces or national guard to carry a firearm without a permit.
- HB0013 prevents a law enforcement agency, governmental entity, or governor from requiring citizens to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
- HB0580 says schools cannot promote instruction or curriculum which asserts that this state or the U.S. is fundamentally or irredeemably racist or sexist.
- HB0003 protects women’s sports by ensuring students compete in athletic competitions that correspond with their sex at birth.
- A constitutional amendment goes to a public referendum giving Tennesseans the opportunity to vote in the 2022 governor’s election to enshrine our state’s Right to Work law in the Tennessee Constitution.